Diving at Ridgetop has fluctuated over the course of the club’s history. There was a dive team in the 1950s and 1960s, but it lost momentum for a few decades before restarting again in 1995. Since then, the Ridgetop dive team has been a valued program to our membership.
Practices begin the week of June 13th (evening hours only) with regular season practices beginning on June 20th. Practices include coaching divers of all levels and backgrounds. Each diver is assessed based on their diving level and skill set. Beginners learn their first dive quickly with a front jump and then a back jump. All divers work on existing skills and advance to new dives by continuously learning based on individual progression. Each practice they work to improve their dives in preparation for meets. Meet competition is not required, but participation is recommended.
Interested in joining? Registration is open to new and returning divers. Please click here to register.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays:
● 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (newer/younger divers)
● 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. (more experienced/older divers)
● Practice before meets
● 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Fun Practice for All
Mondays*, Tuesdays and Wednesdays:
● 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (practice open to all levels)
*Except when there is a home swim meet
6/23 – Meet #1 – Woodmont Recreation Association @ RT
6/30 – Meet #2 – Country Club of Virginia @ RT
7/7 – Meet #3 – RT and Hungary Creek Recreation Association @ CCV
7/14 – Meet #4 – RT and Bon Air @ Kanawha Recreation Association
7/19 – Meet #5 – RT @ Burkwood Swim and Racquet Club
7/25 – 9:00 a.m. – Girls Champs
7/26 – 9:00 a.m. – Boys Champs
7/27 (tentative) – 6:00 p.m. – Dive Banquet at Ridgetop
● Meets begin at 1:00 p.m. Warm-ups for home meets are from 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. For away meets, our team warms up at Ridgetop at 11:00 a.m. and then again from 12:00 pm -12:45 p.m. at the away pool.
● The order of divers is: 16–18-year old’s, 7 & under divers, 8–9-year old’s, 10–11-year old’s, 12–13-year old’s, 14–15-year old’s
● As divers move up in competition level (to regular or X), the number of dives they are required to complete increases.
Championships are split into two days, with all girls competing on day 1 and all boys competing on day 2. To qualify for “Champs”, divers must a) complete all their dives in two or more meets and b) not have included any jumps in their list of dives. A few days before “Champs”, divers are given an estimated timeline of events.