Ridgetop will be operating a bit differently to start the season due to COVID-19. Please keep in mind this model is tied to Virginia Phase 2 as well as initial interpretations of the guidance, so as more detail is available and additional guidance is released we will have flexibility to adjust the operations. Our goal is to provide a safe environment, which complies with the stated guidelines, while also providing as much usability to our membership as we can.
Below are the highlights of the rules the pool will be implementing to comply with Virginia Phase 2. This list could change as more information becomes available so please check back regularly.
- We are planning to initially allow a max of 50 people in the pool area, this includes 3 Swim Metro staff members
- The main pool will include 5 lanes for lap swimming, and 4 family exercise quadrants, which will hold 1 family at a time
- The pool with run in 1.5 hour blocks, with 30 minute cleaning breaks in between, reservations will be required
- Reservations are required to enter the pool grounds. Log in to Member Splash to update your info and reserve your time slots.
- Due to the cleaning requirements required, members will be required to bring their own chairs. There will be tables and umbrellas set up that align with our capacity
- The baby pool area will be closed for the time being, we will continue to evaluate this and communicate with further updates
- We are delaying the opening of the snack bar, and will be evaluating the feasibility and value of making that service available of the next 2 weeks
- Each member will be required to fill out a COVID symptom form upon entry to the pool. We are working with SM for guidance on if a more lightweight process can be installed for this
- The playground area will remain open, but will not be on the cleaning schedule
- The grill area will also remain open, but not on cleaning schedule
- The outdoor rinse/shower are will be closed at this time, until it can be added to the cleaning schedule
- The age limit for unattended children this year is 14, and reservations need to be plan, along with parent signed COVID waiver form
- There will be no guests allowed at this time